Regulation 44 Visits
The Children’s Homes (England) Regulations (2015) stipulate that a registered provider must appoint, at the registered provider’s expense, a person (“the independent person”) to visit and report on the children’s home carried on by the registered provider.
The registered person must ensure that an independent person visits the children’s home at least once each month. The independent person must in turn, produce a report about their visit (“the independent person’s report”) which sets out, in particular, the independent person’s opinion as to whether –
a) Children are effectively safeguarded; and
b) The conduct of the home promotes children’s well-being.
Our Regulation 44 Visits
In line with our mission statement, Regulation 44 visits carried out by Changing Outcomes are designed to be both inspiring and supportive in nature, enabling our clients to establish and maintain outstanding levels of care.
- All of our visitors have managerial experience within a residential setting, and possess a thorough knowledge of the ‘Children’s Homes (England) Regulations 2015’, the ‘Guide to the Children’s Homes Regulations 2015, including the quality standards’, and the ‘Social care common inspection framework’ (SCCIF).
- Changing Outcomes uses a comprehensive template that covers all the quality standards, allowing our clients to gain valuable insight and feedback across a range of key areas.
- Our rigorous and comprehensive reports will highlight positive aspects of the homes performance, as well as identify areas for improvement.
- Be confident that our Regulation 44 visits are undertaken to provide homes with a critical friend, and that our solution focused approach will help to raise standards.
- All of our reports are subject to quality assurance checks before they are sent out, helping to ensure their quality and validity.